YES! Women of Strength Video Series Contest
Last modified MAY 2020
Entrants will submit a video link (YouTube or Vimeo) of their experience and how it changed their life or the lives of others. The videos must be a minimum of 10 seconds long, maximum 3 minutes. Contest submissions will be accepted from June 1, 2020 – June 30, 2020. Judges will select the top 3 category winners on July 15, 2020 who will then be notified via email or in person. The top 3 winners in each category, as well as the top 3 overall winners, will be featured in the YES! Women’s Network Women of Strength Video Series.
All winners will be notified by email, or by a visit from the YES! Team or their representatives, between July 15 – July 31, 2020 after winning. This surprise visit will be recorded and shared at our Discover YOU Women’s Conferences and in our marketing efforts. The top 3 overall winners will be invited to join us at our next Discover YOU Women’s Conference (specific date and location to be announced).
HOW TO ENTER
- Must be a legal resident of the United States, 18 years of age or older to participate in the contest.
- Participants must do the following on our submissions page HERE or by emailing the application details as found on the Share Your Story Page to email@example.com.
- No submissions may be submitted on behalf of a 3rd party without 3rd parties express, written permission and agreement to the terms of the contest.
- Submissions may be provided beginning on June 1, 2020 and will not be accepted after June 30, 2020.
- Although there are 4 categories, each participant may only select one category to enter with one video.
- Videos must be no longer than 3 minutes in length. Longer submissions will automatically be disqualified. Do not include music that you personally do not have the legal rights to use. Most music is copyrighted.
- Videos must be provided as a link from YouTube or Vimeo only.
- All participants in the video must agree to our Photo/Video Release and sign YES! Women’s Network’s photo/video release waiver, which can be downloaded HERE. Entrants in the photo/video under the age of 18 must have this form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Submissions that are not provided in accordance with these instructions may be disqualified.
- Once an entrant sends a video application and the accompanying documents, the submission is final and may not be modified or edited further. YES! Women’s Network may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify submissions deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
- The contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of contest registration. (If you are not a resident of the United States and would like to participate, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.)
- Employees of YES! Women’s Network, affiliates, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this contest.
- Participants agree to abide by applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
TERMS OF SUBMISSION
- Grants permission for winning videos and winners’ names to be posted on the YES! Women’s Network website and in other YES! Women’s Network venues or media.
- Warrants and represents that her/his submission(s): (a) are original to the entrant and have been legally obtained and created, (b) do not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws, regulations, or network standards; (c) have not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and (d) have not been published previously in any medium. All submissions become property of YES! Women’s Network.
- Irrevocably grants to YES! Women’s Network, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse the entrant’s name, address, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material and submission, including, but not limited to, the video, audio file or digital recording and performances contained in any of the above items, as well as any additional photographic images, video images, portraits, interviews or other materials relating to the entrant and arising out of her/his participation in this contest (with or without using the entrant’s name) (collectively, the “additional materials”) in any media, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from the Entrant or any other party.
- Forever waives any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude YES! Women’s Network’s use of the entrant’s submission, or require the entrant’s permission for YES! Women’s Network to use them for any purpose, and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against YES! Women’s Network’s use of materials; and
- Agrees to indemnify and hold YES! Women’s Network and its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and any employees, harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the entrant’s entry materials or additional materials, or the entrant’s conduct during and in connection with this contest.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to 3 category winners and top 3 overall winners will be selected by the judging process that will evaluate each eligible submission based on judging criteria.
- All winners are subject to verification, including without limitations, verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules.
- If the winner is unable to be verified or is unable to accept any prize, the prize(s) will be forfeited in its entirety.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted.
- Prizes may be awarded and will only be awarded upon winner verification and approval by YES! Women’s Network.
- All winners will be notified by email, or by a visit from the YES! Team or their representatives, between July 15 – July 31, 2020 after winning.
- All Winners agree that a visit from the YES! Team will be recorded or possibly broadcast live steam at the discretion of YES! Women’s Network as well as used for future marketing purposes.
- Top 3 winners in both category and overall will then have 7 days to respond with their information and agreement to the terms submitted to them in the notification email.
- If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within 10 days after being selected or is ineligible, the prize will be forfeited.
- Final winners will be required to agree to keep their winning a secret until it is announced. (Specific date and location to be announced.)
- Top 3 winners will be showcased on YES! Women’s Networks website and media and will also receive prizes (TBA).
OTHER DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS
- No purchase necessary.
- Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- YES! Women’s Network retains the right to disqualify any contestant if the rules are not followed.
- Any information collected by registering to enter the contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Contest Rules.
- If the contest is not able to run as planned, without limitation, YES! Women’s Network reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the contest at their discretion.