VENDOR INFORMATION & APPLICATION
Last modified July 2018
Thank you for your interest in participating as one or our elite vendors for the Discover YOU Women’s Conference in Sandy, Utah on September 21-22, 2018! We are super thrilled to meet you and work with you to help your business have a successful event.
FOR MORE INFORMATION and specific details about this amazing two-day event, please visit discoveryouwomensconference.com.
We strive to offer our vendors a successful and exciting experience at our events. We are looking for vendors for life, not just a one event at a time!
WE ARE DIFFERENT!
We love our Vendors so they will notice that we do things a bit differently than they may have experienced at other events. The reasons are many, but to be brief, it’s because we would like a smaller number of vendors who will enjoy a higher quality sales and connections experience. We offer many more benefits to our vendors (see below) than they have experienced at any other event. Our intention is to make it possible for all of our vendors to have incredible results and especially not leave feeling like they wasted their time and money. *Hint… we have been vendors before so we know what they have experienced and what they need to succeed!
We are excited for everyone (vendors, speakers, sponsors, participants both live and virtual, as well as our entire community through the marketing of the event and afterward) to enjoy a diverse selection of outstanding, unique, and exciting products and service they may not be able to purchase elsewhere.
To help achieve this, vendors (products, offerings, services, brands) are chosen on a first come first approved opportunity. We will have one vendor (product/service) in each category in any given area*. (There are three areas; see below.)
Apply early to save your placement! If we already have a vendor application for the product, offering, service, or brand that a vendor is applying to reserve, we will determine if the first application is approved first. If their application is approved, the next vendor will receive a refund of their deposit immediately and the application will be denied. Vendors will be encouraged to apply again for future events and we will save the list of applicants in case of any cancellations as well.
- We are offering vendor tables in three areas:
- Vendors & Swag Station (vendor tables and swag bag distribution)
- Hall of Fame (event registration & information; speaker & sponsors popups and meet ups)
- YES! Networking Lounge (food, tables, and chairs as well as prize giveaways and networking)
- Vendors will be admitted based on space availability as well as product distinction as stated above
- Approved vendors will receive a 10% referral bonus by referring new vendors or sponsors who are then approved, participate, and don’t cancel. Bonuses will be paid within 30 days after the last day of the event!
- NOTE: We could have as many as 30 vendors at this event, yet, our goal is for vendors to have more success and our participants to enjoy the experience more as well, so we will be limiting the number of vendors to 15-20.
- We do not put tables so close that they are not able to move around. We allow space around tables so vendors are able to visit with their prospects making it a more intimate experience for all.
- Vendors will be promoted and marketed by us through our marketing efforts via our website (discoveryouwomensconference.com), on our program, through social media, in our emails, and on our stage*.
- We value our vendors and what they bring to the experience for our participants and community, so we want to do everything we can to assist with marketing them to our entire community, not just current participants.
- Our volunteers are available to help you when possible! We know it takes a lot of work to be a vendor and we will help in any way we can. Find one of us with a staff t-shirt and just ask!
- Vendors will not only have interaction with our live participants, but also with our virtual participants through interviews, links shared, and in as many ways as we can as well as our online communities.
- Vendors are encouraged to help us promote the event, as it will help bring their community to purchase from them at the event. Vendors will be given unique links to share with discount tickets to the event, images to share on social media, and other materials for assisting with promoting themselves and the event.
- If there is anything else we can do to make our vendors experience more successful, we want to hear from them! We will have an after event survey requesting your suggestions.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION:
- Tables may not be shared; anyone selling their wares must go through the application process (exceptions may only be made for speaker and sponsors)
- All tables are 6′ long and must be fully covered with linen and draped for a beautiful presentation; Linens be rented if needed for $20 to be paid with the second payment
- Setup begins each morning at 7:00 am and must be completed by 8:00 am each morning. If vendors are late or not set up and prepared by 8:00 am each morning the may be subject to a fine of up to $250.
- IMPORTANT: The area is not locked at night. The building will be locked, but the area is not enclosed.
- IMPORTANT: Vendors will need to take any valuables home with them on the evening on the 21st. Vendors are responsible for securing their own property and will not hold YES! Women’s Network or the facility or anyone involved with the event responsible for lost or stolen items.
- IMPORTANT: Takedown is from 4:00 pm until 5:00 pm each day and must be completed on time to avoid a fine of up to $250. We ALL must be out of the building by 5:00 pm.
The reason for the fines and strong notifications is that we have a very high expectation for everyone who assists us with our events and we want to work with vendors to help them succeed. Being set up on time is very important to us, our participants, and it is to our vendors as well. Also, it gives a feeling of readiness as our participants as they join the event ready and excited. If participants are registering and there is still a lot of hustle and distractions that’s not a great first impression.
We truly appreciate our vendor’s willingness to help us with this important feature of our events! Because of this, we will do our best to have volunteers at the ready when vendors arrive to start setting up. If you need help, please find one of our staff with a staff shirt and ask!
PAYMENT & AGREEMENT INFORMATION:
- A 50% deposit will be expected along with the application to hold the vendor placement and product placement
- The final 50% of the payment and a signed agreement will be due 5 days after the application is approved; we will send an email with links to complete this once approved
- If final payment and signed agreement are not made within the 5 days, the vendor may lose their deposit and product placement
- Cancellations within 30 days of the event are non-refundable
- When vendor is completing the application and agreement, they will be asked to agree to our Photo/Video Release.
To be considered, please complete the application below then choose your payment option and make your 50% deposit payment. Once approved your second payment request will be emailed to you along with an agreement and next steps.
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.