I’m so pleased you are considering contributing to the book!
Here’s everything you need to know.
I’m so pleased you are considering contributing to the book!
Here’s everything you need to know.
Agreement & FAQs
Read the Book Contribution Agreement and Frequently Asked Questions below.
Submit your contribution and agree to the Book Contribution Agreement.
Edit & Share
Work with our editor to be sure your contribution is to your satisfaction. Share the published book!
If you don’t find the answer to your question in the below FAQs, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the purpose for the book?
When my brother passed away in 2018 I realized that the spiritual experiences I had been having for the last 48 years of my life may not have been made up in my mind. I found over the next few years that they were in fact real-life experiences with spirits from the other side!
For more than a year, I considered this spiritual gift a curse. I found myself living a new reality with noise from the spirits who wanted to be heard following me around. A room with 20 people suddenly became a room with many more spirits than living people.
When I was finally able to manage it somewhat, I began calling this gift an ability. Yet, there were still many questions I needed to have answered and I felt so alone. I came to realize that not everyone had some of the abilities I had, so they could not understand my struggle. I had to be very careful about who I spoke to about what I was experiencing.
In my research, I quickly found it difficult to find books that have specific spiritual experiences that do not have to do with the individual first dying or almost dying. I also found it very difficult to find information specifically in regards to what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints believes about these experiences and this specific spiritual gift.
This book will be a collection of experiences from myself and others who have had experiences with spirits on the other side of the veil in everyday situations. It also includes my journey in discovering the answers to the following questions:
I hope this book will answer these questions and more for others who may be struggling, like I was, with this newly found spiritual gift.
It is my intention to provide a multitude of experiences from individuals with many different backgrounds, to inspire and help those of us who are dealing with this spiritual gift on a regular basis. It can be overwhelming at times and other times it is a true blessing! There is no need to feel alone in these experiences anymore.
Brigham Young, second President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, taught that “When a man publishes or preaches his peculiar views he should not say they are the view of the Church.” – Matthias F. Cowley, Wilford Woodruff-History of His Life and Labors (Salt Lake City, Utah: Bookcraft, 1964), p. 449.
This book presents my own experiences, experiences from other individuals, and our journey and discoveries based on the evidence available at this time. I am writing this as an individual, not as a spokesperson for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The information that will be expressed in this book will not be official statements of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints doctrine.
There will be experiences contributed to this book that are not my own and I rely on the contributors to provide truthful and real experiences only they can verify. I will prayerfully consider each contribution to determine if the experience will benefit the readers and add to my purpose for book.
Who is the intended audience for the book?
The intended audience for this book are individuals who are seeking more information and stories about experiences with spirits from the other side of the veil. There are many stories and experiences about how individuals have died or nearly died and had experiences with the other side of the veil. However, this book is about experiences that happen in regular everyday life that are not related in any way to the individual passing to the other side.
What type of contributions are you looking for?
All contributions are welcome, yet all contributions will not be published. Be sure to read the Book Contributions Agreement below.
I am seeking experiences with spirits from the other side that are not related to a death or near-death experience. They can be from individuals with any religious background and can be of any nature, light or dark.
The more detailed the experience the better. It is difficult to express some of what we experience, but I want to share as much detail as possible, especially for those who have never had experiences like this before.
Will this be a religious book?
This will be a non-fiction book that will include my own personal experiences and discoveries as well as personal experiences from other contributors.
How & when will the book be published?
This book will be self-published in both print and digital format. It is my goal to have it published before the end of 2021. Contributors will be informed of the progress.
If I contribute is my experiernce guaranteed to be included in the book and will it automatically be under copyright or have a licensing restrictions?
Not all contributions will be included in the book. Publisher/Editor reserves the right to decline any contribution at their discretion for any reason. Contributors will be notified if their experience is not selected for the publication of the book. Contributions not selected to be published in the book will be under no copyright or license restrictions with Publisher/Editor. See the Book Contributor Agreement for additional legal details.
How do I submit my contribution?
Contributions can be submitted using our Contribution Submission Form. Contributors can submit experiences via audio (MP3), video (MP4), or in written (Word or Pages) format. When submitting contributions contributors will also agree to the Book Contributors Agreement below.
May I submit photographs or other images that add to my contribution?
Yes. Photographs or other images may be submitted on the Contribution Submission Form. These are not required and not all images will be included in the book.
Will my contribution be edited?
All contributions will be reviewed and contributors will be contacted and notified if their contribution is approved or declined within 30 days of submission. At that time, contributors will also be notified of any editing needed and the process to complete the editing. Contributors will be involved with any and all editing and will be able to confirm in writing their final version prior to publication.
Can I approve my contribution before the book is published?
Yes. All final versions of the contributions will be approved in writing by the contributor prior to publication.
How will my name be used in the book?
Contributors will be identified in the book as agreed upon in writing prior to publication. Please see #8 in the Book Contribution Agreement below.
Will I be considered a co-author for the book?
No. Contributors will be listed as contributors. Please see #7 in the Book Contributors Agreement below.
Will my name be seen on the cover of the book?
Contributors will be given an option to be listed on the cover of the book as a contributor for a fee. Please see #7 on the Book Contribution Agreement.
Can I submit an experience that is not my own personal experience?
Experiences must be personal first-hand experiences unless express written permission is given by the individual who had the experience. If you are unsure if the experience will be approved due to the individual situation, please email us at email@example.com.
Will I get a copy of the book when it is published?
Contributors will be entitled to purchase copies of the book directly from the Publishers on publication at a discount.
Can I share my story with others even after it is in the book?
Please see #2 and #3 in the Book Contributor Agreement below.
Will I be compensated for contributing to the book?
Contributors will receive no compensation for the copyright and all other rights for their Contribution.
Are you going to be selling the book?
Yes. The book will be sold on Amazon and through other booksellers. The book is not being written and published for monetary gain. It is being written as a tool to share these experiences through the written book as well as through speaking engagements worldwide.
If you decide to contribute to the book, these are the terms you will agree upon as a contributor.
Last modified February 2021
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY
The following are the terms of the Agreement to become a contributor to the book, “The Knowing: Experiences with Spirits from the Other Side of the Veil” Volume 1, (hereinafter referred to as the Work), published, written, and edited by Sheila Logan (hereinafter referred to as the Publisher/Editor).
1. Contributors will provide a personal experience (‘the Contribution’) via audio, video, or written (Word, Pages, or Google Doc) format. The Contribution must be delivered to the Publisher/Editor no later than February 28, 2021, together with any illustrations, photographs, drawings, charts, or graphs in a form suitable for reproduction as agreed with the Publishers to be considered for Volume 1 of the Work. Should Contributor fail to deliver the Contribution by this date or by such other date as may have been agreed in writing by the Publishers, or should you fail to deliver the Contribution in the form specified, then the Publishers shall be at liberty to decline to publish the Contribution.
2. Contributors warrant to Publisher/Editor that the Contribution is original, that it has not hitherto been published in any form, and is not a violation or infringement of any existing copyright or license or of any other right of any other person or party whatsoever. Contributors undertake to indemnify the Publisher/Editor against any claims, any loss, damage, or costs, including any legal costs properly incurred, occasioned to the Publisher/Editor in consequence of any breach of this warranty or arising out of any claim alleging that the Contribution constitutes a breach of this warranty. Contributors accept responsibility for obtaining permission for publication in the Contribution at their expense of any textual and/or illustrative material in which copyright vests in any other person or party and will deliver to the Publisher/Editor for safekeeping any documents relating to the granting of such permissions.
3. Contributors hereby assign to the Publisher/Editor the entire copyright and all other rights of a like nature in and to the Contribution throughout the world (including for the avoidance of doubt all electronic publishing rights) for the full legal term of copyright and all renewals, revivals, and extensions thereof, and the Publisher/Editor shall have the exclusive right during such period to publish and to license the publication, the Contribution in whole and in part in all editions forms and media in the English language and in any translations without limitation.
4. Contributor may republish the Contribution in whole or in part at no charge with the Publishers’/Editors’ prior written permission, such permission not to be unreasonably withheld, provided that proper acknowledgment is given to the Publisher/Editor in such republication.
5. The Contribution will be offered by Contributor and subject to the decision of the Publisher/Editor (see below) and the terms of Clause 1 (above) will be accepted for publication in Volume 1 of the Work only and the Publishers shall have the right to include the Contribution in any subsequent revised edition or editions of the Work on the terms set out below. The Publisher/Editor shall have the right to make any revision to the Contribution which is deemed, desirable in the interests of uniformity and style of the Work. The Publisher/Editor shall have the final decision on the inclusion or omission of the Contribution in or from the first and any subsequent editions of the Work. Contributor will, if so required by the Publisher/Editor, revise the Contribution for any new edition of the Work and Contributor agree that such revised Contribution shall be subject to the terms and conditions herein generally stated except that the payment, if any, for such revised Contribution shall be mutually agreed upon between Contributor and the Publisher/Editor in writing prior to subsequent editions.
6. To reduce the length and expense of production time, the Publisher/Editor may choose to dispense with proof corrections by Contributor in which event the Publisher/Editor and their printer will ensure the correction of any typographical errors. Accordingly, the Publisher/Editor request Contributors co-operation in making all reasonable efforts to ensure that all required amendments and corrections are incorporated in the final completed text before it is submitted in the required form to the Publishers. Should proofs of the Contribution (and finished artwork, if any) be provided to Contributor, Contributor undertakes to read, check and correct them and return them to the Publisher/Editor within 14 days of their receipt, failing which the Publisher/Editor may consider the proofs and artwork passed for press by Contributor.
7. Contributors will receive no compensation for the copyright and all other rights for their Contribution. Some Contributors will be provided with an option to be listed as a Contributor on the cover of the Work for a fee prior to publication.
8. Contributors hereby assert to the Publisher/Editor and to our licensees their moral right to be identified in the Work as the Contributor of their Contribution. Should Contributors prefer to be identified as anonymous in the publication, they must request this in writing at the time of the submission of their Contribution.
9. Contributors will be entitled to purchase copies of the Work directly from the Publishers on publication at a discount.
10. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Utah without regard to any conflict of laws. For any dispute regarding this Agreement, Contributor agrees to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in the State of Utah, United States of America.